Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gran Torino

Movie Info
Directed by: Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven)
Written by: Nick Schenk & Dave Johannson (screenplay)
Starring: Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry series, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly), Bee Vang (feature film debut)
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: R - for language throughout, and some violence
Runtime: 116 minutes
Reviews
RottenTomatoes Score: 81% Fresh
MetaCritic Score: 79/100
IMDB Rating: 8.3/10
My Response: This is hard film for me to pin down. I love Eastwood, and his work as a director is always phenomenal, but this film just doesn't seem to look all that great to me. But there is still plenty of buzz out there, mainly focusing on Gran Torino's Oscar run (due to Eastwood's pedigree). But I will tell you this: Clint, despite his age, is still the man. I'd be afraid to run into any of his characters on the street, including this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo holmbody, I have to say...this one looks good, and I agree....I wouldn't want a run in with ol' clint.


POMH

Holmbody said...

Thanks for your input RP. And good luck staying away from Clint. He's a BAMF.